Blog Archive

Thursday 17 February 2011

Proposal & Photographs



This page shows my proposal (at the bottom of the page) and my final images from photo shoots, also what the title was for each image and why I decided to photograph each object.

11th April 2011: New beginnings
New beginnings: For this I a nest full of birds eggs, this gave the idea of new life.
9th April 2011: One in a million, age, journey, changes & growth titles
One in a million: I wanted a field of crops, all the same colour, height etc, however I have edited the picture so that one crop stands out a little more than the rest, giving the idea of 'one in a million'.
Age: I had been looking for an object to illustrate age and I came across a cut down tree with its trunk displaying a large number of rings, which tell us the age of the tree.
Journey: Again in the crop field I was looking for tyre tracks that lead to something, for this one I found a forest just at the end of the tracks.
Changes: Again I found it quite difficult photographing changes, luckily I came across the drastic change in colour on this ploughed field.

Growth: For growth I wanted to capture a subject that was forever growing, always there and for this I chose grass.


5th April 2011: Innocence title
For this photo shoot I wanted to photograph lambs as part of my 'innocence' title of my book. I wanted a lamb looking straight into the camera to give the idea that the lamb is looking at the audience.

3rd April 2011: Flourish, skin & support titles
Flourish: I wanted to capture something in the prime time of its life, with vibrant colours and enenergy, therefore I photographed these flowers that were out in the countryside.

Skin: I wanted something that showed a lot of layers that have built up of time, this I chose to photograph rock formations.


Support: I wanted to photograph a bridge that almost merged into nature, I didnt want a well used public road bridge, therefore I photographed one I had found in the middle of a forest, over a small stream. It resmebles the need of support in life, or support where you might not expect it.


27th March 2011: Passing, decay & surrounded titles
Passing: I wanted to illustrate passing through the waves coming in and out of shore, this can demonstrate the passings on things in life.

Decay: I took a trip to Hornsea where the land is falling into the sea, this shot was of the cracked muddy sand. It resembles the decay of life and earth.


Surrounded: For this wanted to photograph colour and the idea that every stone is surrounded, whether its by the same colour stones or completely differing colours.



6th March 2011: Protected, fast flowing & deserted titles
Protected: I photographed protected trees in Dalby Forest, I looked for a number of trees that would created bar like formation.  


Fast Flowing: For this I photographed fast running water, on a slow shutter speed to create a fluidity within it. I have used it to illustrate the fast flowing life that we live in.


Deserted: I photographed a house on the top of a valley that had been deserted and was falling apart to represent the corruption of nature and life, I wanted quite a moody, atmospheric look for this picture.



28th February 2011:Unexpected
For this title I had the idea of photographing these wind turbines in a flat landscape to show the vast change between them. The title illustrates the unexpected wind turbines spoiling the beautiful countryside and also the enexpected events that happen in nature and in life. I wanted quite an atmospheric image to create the idea of negativity towards the turbines.  


Proposal

Meanings
Is what we see and define a meaning for, actually the intended meaning by the photographer? Or do we define a meaning of a photograph through personal opinions or experiences, not taking into consideration any one elses thoughts and ideas. 
Context
For this project I intend to investigate into the concept of meaning in an image. Whether the audience see the intended message of the photograph. I will do this by producing a number of photographs that involve text. The images along with the text will illustrate a story like format, the images will also be published in a book to reinforce this idea of a photo story. 
The text will also demonstrate the meaning of the image. 
This use of text will be investigated through out my project, along with book formats. 

The style or genre of photography I will experiment with will be landscape and also some close ups of aspects of a landscape to help illustrate this story idea. 
For each shoot I will look at how I can analyse the photograph and what words I think best describe the image. 

The two images that I will print for my assessment and also exhibition show will be the two strongest photographs that will be able to stand alone and still give impact to the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment